This video voices the opinions of ten teachers from Delhi government schools about various aspects of teacher education, especially what works well and what needs developing.
Since 2007, British Council India has been working in partnership to provide teacher education opportunities for over 1 million teachers across the country.
We’ve learned the importance of working together, careful planning and communication with all those involved to enable positive change in the classroom.
Our resource, the Teacher Education Planning Handbook, captures much of our learning and provides guidance and tools to help all those working in the sector to deliver effective programmes which meet teachers’ needs.
The Teacher Education Planning Handbook is freely available, via our website: www.britishcouncil.in/continuing-professional-development
Jill Chalsty says the way to help young people succeed in the classroom and beyond, is to build their schooling on a strong foundation of communication, decision-making and goal setting tools.
Jill Siegal Chalsty, Education Reformer — A filmmaker, writer, and award-winning expert in conflict resolution, who founded Community for Education Foundation, and has brought its Overcoming Obstacles Life Skills Program to millions of students.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
Teaching a class of students is much harder than most people imagine. Not only do you need the knowledge of different subjects in order to pass it on, but a wide range of other skills is also necessary to keep control over a large group and engage them, even when the topic isn’t the most exciting. You can try out new improve teaching methods that have worked for others or you can model your lesson plan against that of another person who has a similar load.
Help your students flourish! EdHero is here to help teachers effectively teach students for a far better future! Visit us online now and find out more about EdHero’s teacher and resource sharing platform.
Teacher and Resource Sharing Platform
Teacher Curriculum Market
Share Teacher Resources
Earn Professional Development
Tips for First Year Teachers
https://ultimatemusictheory.com/courses/music-theory-certification-course/ Tired of Teaching the Same Old Stuff? Get Certified! Hear Lisa Ammirati UMTC (Bachelor of Music degree and Bachelor of Education) shares her thoughts on the Ultimate Music Theory Certification Course experience as taught by Glory St. Germain http://youtu.be/lABp3ebuRzY
Teaching Tips for Home Tutors
Teaching Methodologies for Effective Learning
Take Care of Following Things at Student’s Home:
Be communicative and establish open environment.
As much as possible make class fun and exciting.
Promote positive attitude.
Involve parents regularly.
Prepare your lesson plan in advance.
Select a suitable place from where you can comfortably conduct class.
Try to learn reasons why student wanted a tutor.
Analyze the strength and weakness of pupil.
Find out the areas of student’s interest.
Points to Remember While Taking Lessons
Take a review of last session and discuss the objective of current class.
Give brief introduction of new concept which you are about to deliver.
Be prompt while teaching.
Establish a healthy learning environment.
Patiently listen to the student’s responses and explanations.
On regular base give the feedback on progress to student.
Work on the weak areas of student.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and subscribe so you don’t miss future videos!
MY TEACHERSPAYTEACHERS STORE:
MY AMAZON STORE:
MY PO BOX:
PO Box 719
Gambrills, MD 21054
Don’t want to watch the whole thing?
HOW TO PREPARE – 7:29
WHAT TO WEAR – 8:46
WHAT TO BRING – 10:08
WHAT TO DO AFTER – 11:56
OTHER TIPS – 12:56
CREATING YOUR TEACHER PORTFOLIO:
RESUME TIPS FOR TEACHERS:
COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
– What is your philosophy of education?
– Tell me about a lesson that went very well. How do you know you were successful?
– Tell me about a lesson that didn’t go very well. What caused this? What did you learn from it?
– Tell me what you know about Common Core.
– What personal strengths do you find helpful in your teaching?
– What is your approach to classroom management?
– How do you motivate students to be active learners in your classroom?
– How are you able to integrate technology in your classroom?
– How are you able to integrate art in your classroom?
– Give an example of a lesson where you were able to differentiate and reach all learners.
– How do you assess student progress?
– How do you use data to drive your instruction?
– What are your thoughts on team-teaching?
– How do you communicate with parents and guardians?
– What would a typical literacy block look like in your classroom?
– What would a typical math block look like in your classroom?
– How do you support and advocate for at-risk students?
– Tell us about how you continue your professional growth as an educator through current research or development.
– If I walked into your classroom, what can I expect to see and hear?
– How do you accommodate for students with special needs, such as ELL students or students with an IEP?
– Do you have any questions for us?
Find me on my other social media platforms: